[Nsi-wg] Network portion of an STP

Hans Trompert hans.trompert at surfnet.nl
Mon Aug 12 08:45:15 EDT 2013

Hi Jeroen,

On 7/19/13 8:49 AM, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
> On 18 Jul 2013, at 22:10, John MacAuley <john.macauley at surfnet.nl> wrote:
>> As a follow-up, do I also then populate the local portion with the full URN of the port?
>>
>> localId = "urn:ogf:network:example.com:2013:eth0-out"
> That's what we agreed on, yes.

The definition from the documentation (version 1.4 of July 29, 2013)
says: localID = A locally unique identifier for the STP within the
associated network.

So no need to make this Id globally unique by adding a URN.

And the original reason to split the STP Id into a networkId and a
localId was to make it easier to parse. So why do you now want to add
the URN again to the localId?

    HansT.