[Nsi-wg] STP lists and path ordering

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Wed May 30 10:27:39 EDT 2012

This one: (1, null, User.A), (2, A.User, A.B), (3, B.A, B.D), (4, D.B, D.E), (5, E.D, E.User);

Starts the connection off with an egress endpoint to help meet Chin's requirements to notify the ultimate start and end domains of the connections.  In this case the end user A would have their local NSA notified of the connection request.  This could cover the case where they themselves did not initiate the connection but need to be informed of it.  I like this idea as it lines up more closely with existing standards.

This one: (1, A.User, A.B), (2, B.A, B.D), (3, D.B, D.E), (4, E.D, E.User);

Does not involve the end system (User.A) with the connection request.

Fun stuff.

John.