[Nsi-wg] Topology section

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Tue May 29 07:14:30 EDT 2012

Hi,

On 16 May 2012, at 19:46, Jerry Sobieski wrote:
> The key is that we are exchanging world views - or updates to world views, not simply local topologies.
>
> try this protocol sequence:
> [...]

Instead of thinking up all kinds of scenarios, and exchange mechanisms, could we just please restrain this to referring to other implementations?

Most of what I've seen so far is all supported by OSPF. It has limited peering, abstraction, and simple update mechanisms. I propose we use that same mechanism, if there is anything that is wrong with that, please write what needs to be changed, and why.

The only thing we don't have at our disposal is multicast, but I think we can solve that by using a peer-to-peer overlay network. That requires some bootstrapping, but you need to coordinate with your neighbor(s) already, so that can become part of that exchange too.

Jeroen.