[Nsi-wg] Determining the Network of an STP

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Wed Jul 4 12:13:17 EDT 2012

On 04-07-2012 14:27, Henrik Thostrup Jensen wrote:

> How will you make a globally unique STP identifier without putting the
> network in it? (and in a way that makes sense please).

Here is a globally unique identifier:
urn:uuid:66314cd0-c5f2-11e1-9b21-0800200c9a66
(created by following the first link on Google using `create uuid', and
prepending urn:uuid: as per RFC 4122)

As the proud owner of this UUID identifier, I hereby certify that I will
use it to represent a STP in my home network.

There you go.

Freek

PS: Yes, the urn:ogf:network syntax is much prettier, but there is
nothing that prevents me from using the above, and they are essentially
the same thing -- persistent, globally unique identifiers.