[Nsi-wg] Determining the Network of an STP

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Wed Jul 4 08:27:20 EDT 2012

On Mon, 2 Jul 2012, Freek Dijkstra wrote:

> There is an open questions which variant to use:
>
> A connection request must contain for each endpoint ...
> 3a. ... a globally unique identifier of the network (*)
>    and a STP identifier that is unique within the context of
>    this network.

This strikes me as the obvious one. (but I am not a topology expert - and
I don't think I want to be).

> 3b. ... a globally unique identifier of the network (*)
>    and a globally unique STP identifier.

How will you make a globally unique STP identifier without putting the
network in it? (and in a way that makes sense please).

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet