[Nsi-wg] Agenda for NSI workshop in Oxford

Chin Guok chin at es.net
Wed Feb 22 16:22:34 EST 2012

Hi Guy,

I would like to open a discussion in Oxford on adding an optional
constraints field that can be used for prototyping extensions while
still being compatible with the "base" CS protocol.  For example, if the
base CS protocol only supports point-to-point services and we wanted to
prototype a point-to-multipoint service, we can use the optional
constraints field to carry this information.  It can be useful to
explore other services such as anycast/multicast/manycast,
protection/recovery to name a few.

NSAs that are not interested in the prototyping activity can simply
treat the field as opaque.

If folks are interested in discussing this, I can plan to come up with a
few slides presenting the idea and some cautionary.

Thanks.

- Chin