[Nsi-wg] Addressing connections across requesters

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Thu Aug 23 04:28:15 EDT 2012

On Wed, 22 Aug 2012, Inder Monga wrote:

> Why cannot Global ID be used? If people want monitoring, they can make
> it mandatory to populate that . In fact we wanted to make this
> non-optional and mandatory.

Still would not work. In fact that would just make the situation the same
is it presently is for global id.

I still have not understood why a client needs to specify two identifiers
for a connection (i know global id is supposed to be the same across
segments, but the question still holds).

PS. Is there a difference between non-optional and mandatory?

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at nordu.net>
  Software Developer, NORDUnet