[Nsi-wg] Keep those

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at nordu.net
Fri Sep 30 07:40:11 CDT 2011

Hi again

On Fri, 30 Sep 2011, Tomohiro Kudoh wrote:

> Regarding the provisioning timeing, for example,
>
> start-time of this reservation was 19:51 after the hour.
>
> Provision request was received at 19:34 after the hour. So, it is
> auto-provisioning.
>
> Therefore, following the current state machine specification, a provision
> confirm is sent at the start-time, 19:51 after the hour.

OK, I am a bit confused here.

If I look at the state machine matrix, a provision request for a
connection in reserved state should result in a transition to
Auto-provision and emit a prov.rq message. AFAICT this is wrong.

The question is if there should be no message emitted (i.e., wait till the
start_time event occurs, but there is no message emitted for that
either). Alternatively (and this is what I _think_ is correct) is that a
prov.cf message should be emitted.

     Best regards, Henrik

  Henrik Thostrup Jensen <htj at ndgf.org>
  NORDUnet / Nordic Data Grid Facility.