[Nsi-wg] Tips on Topology

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Thu Sep 8 01:50:37 CDT 2011

A few notes on the topology distribution and importing process:

First/****>>>*/You need to send me your csProviderEndpoint for your NSA
and I will insert it into the NSA object for your network in the global
topo file.  This way everyone will get it.

For Rio, I am being very constraining on topology.   This is necessary
to make sure every NSA sees the same topology, and so that where
necessary we can easily assign any NSA to any of the test networks, and
so we can minimize incidental changes that don't address Rio.   So
please bear with me on this for Rio.

Each implementation will need to define their internal topology.   I do
not need to see that.  And it need not be in rdf/owl...(It is possible
to do so if you choose.)

You need to define the "mapsTo" relations for STPs 1 and 4 in your
respective network.  I do not need to see this either as this is really
intra-domain information.   This mapsTo relation identifies the physical
port in your internal topology that corresponds to the NSI STP.  It
should use a form that is recognized by your internal NRM and provides
all the information the NRM will need to use that port in the
provisioning process.

You are welcome to modify or amend the topo file as you see fit.  But
you are not allowed change the fundamental model it describes.   I will
maintain a base global topology file.  If there are features you think
will be required or desired by all networks, please let me know.

Thanks to all for your patience as we slog though these topology issues.