[Nsi-wg] NSI WG call Wed Sep 7, 2011

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Wed Sep 7 11:26:45 CDT 2011

Attendees-
Jerry Sobieski (NORDUnet)
Tomohiro Kudoh (AIST)
Henrik Thostrup Jensen (NORDUnet)
Jeroen van der Ham (UvA)
Redek Krzywania (PSNC)
Michal Balcerkiewicz (PSNC)
John MacAuley (SURFnet)

*_Demo presentation at Venue_*

- We have 5 monitors and desks in the demo space at the art museum.  We
have a 90 minute formal demonstration presentation window Tuesday from
3:45pm to 5:15pm.   The rest of the time we expect to have access to the
demo room for continued testing.
***AI:  Jerry:  Confirm with RNP that the room will be available Wed and
Thu after the window as well as leading up to the demonstration window.

- The implementation teams are asked to continue interop testing and to
capture log files as they run the Plugfest Challenge tests.  These log
files can be annotated to show the protocol messaging.   And these
annotated logs can be presented at the venue in the demo room in
addition to the live runs, and/or as part of a short PPT from each
implementation team.

- We want to make sure we have as many live runs prepared for the demo
window as is practical.  But we do not expect all the Challenges to be
ready or to be presented live.  The anotated logs can be used to
complement the live runs.   We can allocate monitors as appropriate for
the tests scenarios.

_*NSA Implementation Status*_
I hope I summarized this close enough...

- OpenNSA (NORDUnet - Henrik)
     - mostly all functional, self interoperable (Chal #1 works)
     - encountering many interoperability issues within the MTL (WS*
related issues)
     - some testing with dynamicKL, but encountered some SOAP issues not
sure how to resolve.
     - Need some input from JM.
- AutoBAHN
     - FUnctional, have had some issue in an office move(?)
     - Expect to begin interop testing very soon
     - Need updated topology
     - No WS issues experienced with dynKL
- G-LAMBDA (AIST)
     - Almost ready for interop test...
     - some testing with G-LAMBDA KDDI Labs
     - authentication is an outstanding issue
- DRAC
     - John is coding like a mad man.

*** Decided:  For Rio, we will not require session authentication
between NSAs.  HTTP only.
         For SC we *will require* conformant authentication, HTTPS.
*** For Rio, service authorization will be basic user based authorization.
         The user will be "jrv at internet2.edu".   Case in-sensitive.
This string my be authorized by the NSA however they wish, but all
requests as part of the Plugfest will use this user credential.
If the user is present, any/all service requests will be authorized.
If not present, or any other user is present, service requests will be
denied.

*_Topology_*

The current topology is the Rio Ring of 7 networks.  Version 1.1c is
latest.   However, JM has proposed a modified topology to include
"partOf" relations for STPs to indicate the NSnetwork object they belong
to, and "managing" relation for NSA object to indicate which NSnetwork
object they are responsible for.  This version also uses full URN
specification to name NSnetowork objects and STP objects.

***AI: Jerry:  JS will review the topo file asap and if no other issue
are obvious, it will be circulated as topo version 1.1d.