[Nsi-wg] NSI demonstration at FIA in Poznan

Radek Krzywania radek.krzywania at man.poznan.pl
Thu Oct 27 10:39:17 CDT 2011

Hi all,
We have a working successful presentation of NSI with data plane enabled. We are able to setup a global circuit between PIONIER and AIST networks in automated manner. The control plane is successfully visualised on Automated Earth interface and a data plane is verified with ICMP messages (PING). Thanks to involvement of many individuals and organisations, we have made a big step in the direction of SC'11 demo and further NSI development. I would especially thank Michał Balcerkiewicz (PSNC), Jeroen van der Ham (UvA), Takatoshi Ikeda (AIST), Tomohiro Kudoh (AIST), Henrik Thostrup Jensen (NORDUNET), Gerben van Malenstein (SURFNET), John MacAuley (SURFNET) and Jerry Sobieski (NORDUNET) for sacrificing their time and did the best to make it working (apology if I missed here anyone).
The NSI booth and a demo was visited by multiple conference participants, including representatives of Brasilian NREN RNP, I2CAT, University of Essex, GEANT, GRNET/NTUA, NextWorks and more.
Once again, thank you all NSI folks for helping with this event and demo preparation and execution!

Best regards
Radek

Radoslaw Krzywania                      Network Research and Development
                                           Poznan Supercomputing and
radek.krzywania at man.poznan.pl                   Networking Center
+48 61 850 25 26                             http://www.man.poznan.pl