[Nsi-wg] FIA-SC demo topology v1.0a

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Sun Oct 16 08:30:11 CDT 2011

Hi all-

Here is the FIA demo topology.  I include two files: a PPT diagram, and
the .owl topo file.

Please review both of these files to insure that the information
associated with your network(s) is accurate.   As we did before, I will
maintain the authoritative versions of the global topology, so please
forward corrections or changes to me.

The FIA-Topo-v1.0a.owl  is a rather complex file.   I did not construct
it using the SNE editor and it does not display in the editor either...I
will try to figure out why, but this should not prevent you from
reviewing it and insuring it is correct - and using it.

The .owl file does not yet contain the "location" objects.   I have
included what I could in the PPT diagram for location in lat/lon, so
check the location info for accuracy.   I will add location to the next
spin of the topo file.

Please check the csProviderEndpoint fields for your network NSAs in the
.owl file.   This must be correct, and I know there will be some changes
required for these.

The networks are named as one would expect with the ".ets" appended for
"ethernet transport service".     Ex:  northernlight.ets    The
associated NSAs are identified with just the netork name Ex:
northernlight      Of course, these are full URNs in the topo file.

For the demo, I have only anticipated using VLANs 1780 thru 1783.   The
STPs are named using a convention that will indicate the associated VLAN
mapping for human readability.  Example STP:   starlight.ets:tok-80
would indicate the VLAN 1780 on the port facing Tokyo in the StarLight
network.   The "mapsTo" relation should be used in each STP to store the
information the local NRM needs to configure that endpoint.   *you* must
add the mapsTo information for your STPs.   If you wish, I can maintain
it in the global .owl file - just send me the your STPs with the mapsTo
info and I will add it on the next cycle (hopefully, this will minimize
what you need to do each time the topo gets updated.)

I included perfSonar STPs for every network, even if there was not one
indicated on the diagram.

This topology information is what we would ideally like the hardware to
reflect.   So please insure that these VLANs are mapped transparently
between the AutoGOLE switches across any intervening hardware.   I
expect in some facilities this will require physicaly adding patches or
otherwise making some modifications.  But it is important that we have
full access to these VLANs without hidden constraints imposed by transit
hardware not under our NSA control.

Please let me know of necessary changes.   I will cycle important global
changes as quickly as possible.   From here on out, I will only forward
updates to the *nsi-plugfest* list in order to reduce duplicate spamming.

Thanks all!