[Nsi-wg] Issue 42 in ogf-nsi-project: Query details and summary

ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com
Sat Oct 15 19:03:33 CDT 2011

Comment #1 on issue 42 by jmacau... at gmail.com: Query details and summary
http://code.google.com/p/ogf-nsi-project/issues/detail?id=42

I am not sure I understand your comment "none of the information requires a
recursive query"?  Directly adjacent child NSA only have a summary view of
their connection state and direct child connections.  They do not have a
view of three levels below.  Also, the directly adjacent child NSA can only
make policy decisions on connection information for it's internal state
machine and not any children further down the tree.  For this reason we
added the recursive query so that each NSA in the connection path can do a
policy evaluation and return connection information only if it approves the
user having access to it.