[Nsi-wg] Issue 42 in ogf-nsi-project: Query details and summary

ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com
Tue Oct 11 09:04:49 CDT 2011

Owner: ----
Labels: Type-Defect Priority-Medium FoundInVersion-1.0 FixedInVersion-1.1

New issue 42 by thost... at gmail.com: Query details and summary
http://code.google.com/p/ogf-nsi-project/issues/detail?id=42

I don't quite understand why we cannot just have one query mode, instead of
the Summary and Details mode. Why not just have a single mode, which
returns all the information?

AFAICT none of the information requires a recursive query. Furthermore the
current scheme actually prevents one from getting the current connection
state and the list of children, which is rather unfortunate as that is
exactly what I would like to have for the connection visualization tool.

Is there any reason these two modes cannot be conslidated into one?