[Nsi-wg] Issue 28 in ogf-nsi-project: Security

ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com
Fri Oct 7 06:24:41 CDT 2011

Comment #6 on issue 28 by jmacau... at gmail.com: Security
http://code.google.com/p/ogf-nsi-project/issues/detail?id=28

The SAML AttributeStatementType was proposed to carry not only the
information you have shown above, but also a person's public key, sign-on
token, etc.  This would allow for common externalized authentication and
authorization systems such as Shibboleth. If we go back to the simple
Attribute definition then we will not longer have this flexibility for
networks that would like to propagate end user credentials.

I am open for changing it, but we need to get feedback from people
deploying NSI in their networks.

I have attached the ESnet proposal that resulted in the inclusion of the
SAML AttributeStatementType.

Attachments:
	NISAA.doc  101 KB