[Nsi-wg] Request for developer for NSI visualisation software

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Fri Oct 7 04:03:33 CDT 2011

Hi Tomohiro-

Yes, since this observer is a minimal piece of code for these demos, we
decided that the ultimate RA client would request a circuit with a
specific GLobal ID, and the Observer would be manually configured (or
hard coded) to query on that Global Id.    We will use a Query() to
discover the path of the connection, then periodic Query()s to poll for
state change.   So...The observer will need to know which NSA to poll
for each connection.  We decided that the network name could be embedded
in the GlobalID (I think this is already a best practice with IDCP).
Else, we have a single client uRA that both requests the connection, and
then subsequently acts as the observer which would make the well-known
global name unnecessary.

So the observer needs to map the network name to the NSA responsible and
then to the soap endpoint...  So the observer can easily do this if it
has the same topology file the NSAs use.  If we integrate the observer
into the client uRA, then this netwrok-NS mapping is moot as we already
know which NSA to query().

However, the location of the segment endpoints needs to be sent by
observer to the Automated Earth.  For FIA/SC I am adding "location"
object to the topology associated with each network.  The observer/uRA
client will need the topology to obtain this location information
associated with each network hop.

BR
Jerry