[Nsi-wg] Issue 52 in ogf-nsi-project: time-out time - how to set timeouts

ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com ogf-nsi-project at googlecode.com
Wed Nov 16 13:01:04 CST 2011

Owner: guy.robe... at gmail.com
Labels: Type-Review Priority-Medium FoundInVersion-1.0 FixedInVersion-1.1

New issue 52 by guy.robe... at gmail.com: time-out time - how to set timeouts
http://code.google.com/p/ogf-nsi-project/issues/detail?id=52

Description of Issue:
TK: how do we set time-outs?

Discussion of Issue:
JS: possible option is to add heart-beat message
RHJ: does not recommend putting the onus on the user to determine time-out
Henrik: no easy solution with current protocol design.  Suggest that we
could have policy on expected response times...?
Jeroen: currently reservation requests can take around 1 minute and up to 2
minutes for provisioning.  So we are often getting time-out issues in demo.
JE: proposes using the existing query to check state.
Radek: Need to add timer definition to the state machine to make this work

Resolution of Issue:
Some kind of exchange between RA and PA needed to find if PA is still
processing request correctly.
No clear resolution to this issue, needs further investigation