[Nsi-wg] Please begin testing

Jerry Sobieski jerry at nordu.net
Tue Nov 1 23:12:44 CDT 2011

Hi all-

I just circulated the most recent global NSI topology for the
Supercomputing demos.

It is now time to begin testing again.   Please get started asap, and
monitor the nsi-wg chat room on Skype.

For those of you with uRA clients that do not perform any segmentation,
please select an aggregator NSA and begin testing to that network NSA.

For the Aggregator NSAs, please verify that you are able to interop with
each other implementation, then to each network.  start with your direct
data plane neighbors and work your way outward.  (TK: do you have some
thoughts on this verification process...?)

I think the key issues we need to work thru are a) HTTPS interop, b) SC
WSDL consistency, c) Query result consistency, and then just
coordination among the whole group so we do not get too many requests
interfering with one another.   All NSI implementations should be able
to successfully talk to all the other implementations by now with all
primitives.

If we need additional VLANs, let me know and I can add more to the topology.

We will want to develop a looping script at some point this week or
early next.  This script will issues a sequence of Reservation Requests
and walk the connection(s) through their lifecycle while the viz tools
track the state transitions. _/This will be the fundamental demo during
the conference.
/_
We probably need some simple orchestration tools:  An end system daemon
that will configure an particular  IPaddr on the VLAN subinterface when
a connection is provisioned and then issue/respond to pings.  Any idle
hands out there want to work on some code?

Thanks!