[Nsi-wg] Fwd: Re: Capturing AA discussion

Mary Thompson mrthompson at lbl.gov
Tue May 10 16:58:29 CDT 2011

I have attached some suggestions for specifying message authentication
and authorization of resources in the NIS documents and SC schema. This
document is the result of a  meeting held last Tues and Wednesday with
Inder Monga, Jerry Sobieski, Josva Kleist, Chin Guok, Evangelos
Chaniotakis, Eric Lomax, Andy Lake and Mary Thompson. I have also
included the highlights of the discussion that has taken place in email.

As I have a background in distributed and grid AA issues, Inder asked me
to suggest a possible attribute profile that could be adopted in the
near future. I went a bit further and addressed the issue of message
security as  well. The attached document is for discussion and suggests
alternatives and possibilities. I think the decision of what to do needs
to be made by the group as a whole making the best guess they can as to
what level of security the service providers will require and the users
will be able to comply with.

Mary Thompson

Note: I am not on the nsi-wg mailing list, so cc me on anything you want
me to read.