[Nsi-wg] Session at Internet2?

Inder Monga imonga at es.net
Thu Jun 23 11:56:12 CDT 2011

Jerry,

As chair, I encourage wide, inclusive discussions and outreach on NSI
protocol to the end-user community. I am not sure about the attendance
of NSI working group members at I2 member meeting to call it an official
interim NSI working group session yet - is that what you had in mind?

If you do lead a outreach discussion on NSI with the Internet2 member
community, please do plan to capture the summary of the discussions and
share with the mailing list.

Thanks for your efforts,
Inder

> Jerry Sobieski <mailto:jerry at nordu.net>
> June 23, 2011 4:13 AM
>

> Hi all-
>
> I think we should request and NSI session for Internet2. There will
> probably be a GLIF session also... I am of a mind to keep these
> separate as there are a lot of GLIF issues that are not NSI issues per se.
>
> I'd like us to present an NSI update which will include the CS spec and
> the NSI demo at Rio. And perhaps some progress on NSI Topology and
> futures roadmap coming out of Rio.
>
> The more we can promote this as an open inclusive process, the more
> uptake we'll get. Hopefully this will encourage others to get involved
> and possibly encourage more field trials by US regionals and campuses.
>
> Thoughts? Deadline is 24th (tomorrow). If we generally think it is a
> good idea, I will submit a session request.
>
> Jerry

Inder Monga
510-486-6531
http://www.es.net