[Nsi-wg] Fwd: Describing Topologies

Radek Krzywania radek.krzywania at man.poznan.pl
Mon Jul 25 05:51:46 CDT 2011

Hi all,

A few questions on topology building (I am using SNE Editor for that):

-          How do we indicate end points (e.g. servers)? Is it just a Port connected to Node, it’s additional Node, or a “connectedTo” label?:

Node (GEANT) – Port (Poznan /to srv/)

Or

Node (GEANT) – Port (Poznan) – Port (Poznan srv)

Or

Node (GEANT) – Port (Poznan; connectedTo=”srv URI”)

-          According to documentation “The connectedTo statement uses the full URI of the connected port to show that it is connected to an outside Port, and uses the full identifier of that Port” – how do I know what is the URI of those ports? Should we agree between sites or is there a global register for those values?

-          What is the max/available Capacity format? Is it bits per second or bytes or Mbps, Gbps?

Best regards

Radek

Radoslaw Krzywania                      Network Research and Development

                                           Poznan Supercomputing and

 <mailto:radek.krzywania at man.poznan.pl> radek.krzywania at man.poznan.pl                   Networking Center

+48 61 850 25 26                              <http://www.man.poznan.pl> http://www.man.poznan.pl