[Nsi-wg] Updated NSI WSDL - July 7th 2011

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Thu Jul 7 20:56:02 CDT 2011

Peoples,

I have updated the WSDL and XML schema based on the decisions reached at Wednesday's meeting.  The only remaining item I need to get done, and I think it can wait until after OGF, is to add the security policies to the WSDL so we can sign the messages to validate authenticity.  This will not impact the core XML schema.

Here are the changes in this version:

1. Cosmetic change to operation primitive names:

Request a reservation:
	reserveRequest changes to reservationRequest and remains rsv.rq in the state machine.
	reserveConfirmed changes to reservationConfirmed and remains rsv.cf in the state machine.
	reserveFailed changes to reservationFailed and remains rsv.fl in the state machine.

Terminate a reservation:
	cancelRequest changes to terminateRequest and changes to term.rq in the state machine.
	cancelConfirmed changes to terminateConfirmed and changes to term.cf in the state machine.
	cancelFailed changes to terminateFailed and changes to term.fl in the state machine.

State machine change
	Canceling state changes to Terminating.

2. Removed the NsaType and changed requestorNSA and providerNSA to be of type anyURI.  This removes the additional per-NSA security attributes.

3. Changed connectionId definition to be an anyURI and stated it must be a Universally Unique Identifier (UUID) URN as per ITU-T Rec. X.667 | ISO/IEC 9834-8:2005 and IETF RFC 4122.

4. Removed security attributes from confirmed messages.

5. Extended the NsiExceptionType to use an attribute type/value pairs for added flexibility.

6. Added simpleTypes for NsaIdType, GlobalReservationIdType, ConnectionIdType, and uuidType so there is a single location requiring modification if we decided to change the types.

John.