[Nsi-wg] Topology Use-Case

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Thu Dec 15 09:12:23 EST 2011

On 15 Dec 2011, at 14:13, Henrik Thostrup Jensen wrote:
> 3 pages sounds like a bit much actually, but as long as there is reasonable limit, it should be good.

There are four different points to be addressed here, one of which has 3 subpoints, so I think it's reasonable.

> I am missing something about what to do in the case where the complete topology is not available, either due to size/performance/scaling constraints or not being published.
>
> Being able to demonstrate how cases with multiple technologies are handled. E.g., the case where both ethernet and sonet exists in the same network and mpls can be popped/pushed on sonet, but ethernet vlans cannot, and ethernet can be carried over sonet, but not vice versa. Maybe I am getting a bit too much ahead here.

I'm not sure whether these are main requirements right now. I agree they are important, but perhaps we should defer them for now, and keep them on the radar. Perhaps make tickets?

I think it's more important to make a decision now and think about how to solve these issues once we have made a decision. I don't think that these are differentiating points though.

Jeroen.