[Nsi-wg] Topology Abstract sent to Terena

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Tue Dec 13 01:57:54 EST 2011

Hi Jerry,

On 12 Dec 2011, at 21:25, Jerry Sobieski wrote:
> I know hashing through this stuff is slow and painful, but the results have been good... It gets everyone on the same page and gets everyone to agree...which, for a *standard*, is crucial.   So please don't get frustrated or annoyed - we need to work through these issues and find that compromise.   We are close.
>
> I do not think a vote will resolve the issues.

The last few months we've been putting arguments back and forth, both for the models that we have in mind. I've put forward a document which analyses both solutions. There is a fundamental difference between the two, and this fundamental solution does not allow for a compromise, it is an either/or situation.

Unless I am mistaken in my analysis in the doc, or above, I see no point in further discussion.

Jeroen.