[Nsi-wg] Topology Abstract sent to Terena

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Tue Dec 13 01:55:54 EST 2011

Hi,

On 13 Dec 2011, at 06:50, Leon Gommans wrote:
> The "why" level: provides the context in which a system work
> The "what" level: describes the functionality and concepts
> The "how" level: describes how things work logicaly
> The "with what" level: describes the physical element that are needed
>
> I believe Jerry is stressing the importance of the "what" level and Jeroen is stressing the importance of the "how" level.

I think these kinds of frameworks are useful, but I do not feel that I'm stressing the importance of "how". My arguments have focused on the fact that in my opinion labels are a necessary component. Having these labels also have an implication on the "how" level, so I've tried to describe that.

I'm not sure whether rehashing the whole discussion is constructive at this point.

Jeroen.