[Nsi-wg] Topology Abstract sent to Terena

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Sat Dec 10 13:16:08 CST 2011

On 10 Dec 2011, at 20:13, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

>> <tirade>
>> With respect to VLAN swapping...   Inability to swap VLANs is essentially saying your NSI network cannot cross connect - ever - certain STPs.   If you cannot *ever* cross connect certain STPs, there is no service!      I might as well advertise STPs that point to bananas -  I will never be able crossconnect them either but who cares?  Advertising capabilities that can never be met is a Bad Thing. It injects false and misleading topological information - it could be considered malicious(!)

Sorry, I'm calling bullshit on that one.

In the Automated GOLE topology we currently have 0 networks that are able to do VLAN swapping. Netherlight does have that capability, but due to how things are connected, it is not available for the Automated GOLE topology.

If we cannot even provide a connection service on an existing network, then we have no connection service.

Jeroen.