[Nsi-wg] NSI CS XSD comments

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Mon Apr 11 22:15:03 CDT 2011

Peoples,

I think there is one major area we need to close on before I feel comfortable starting to write the associated document.  It is specifically around the service parameters and how they are specified:

  <!-- Parameters relating to the requested service. -->
   <xsd:complexType name="ServiceParametersType">
      <xsd:sequence>
         <!-- Time parameters relating to the reservation. -->
         <xsd:element name="schedule" type="tns:ScheduleType"/>
         <xsd:element name="bandwidth" type="tns:BandwidthType"/>
         <xsd:element name="directionality" type="tns:DirectionalityType"/>
         <xsd:element name="pathObject" type="tns:PathObjectType"/>
         <xsd:element name="guaranteed" type="tns:AttributeSequenceType" minOccurs="0"/>
         <xsd:element name="preferred" type="tns:AttributeSequenceType" minOccurs="0"/>
      </xsd:sequence>
   </xsd:complexType>

The main question I have is do we change this structure to be completely generic and list all service parameters through type/value pairs, or do we break out hose key ones as I have here and put the remaining in the type/value pairs?

Also, for bandwidth do we document the values as Mb/s or do I add an element to explicitly identify the unit as suggested in one provided comment.

Thank you,
John.