[Nsi-wg] path description in NSI messages

Takahiro Miyamoto tk-miyamoto at kddilabs.jp
Thu Oct 7 07:05:19 CDT 2010

Hi John,

At the viewpoint of telecom carrier, the sub path information should not
be exposed. So, I can select only "Path == CID-1(A.1-C.3)" style.

I have questions to handle explicit path request.

1) How does a Requestor designate explicit paths?
  1a) Should a Requestor designate link by link?
  e.g. Path == [A.1 , A.B , B.A , B.C , C.B , C.3]
  Provider provision the sub paths strictly?

  1b) Can a Requestor designate only transit domains?
  e.g. Path == [A.1 , B , C.3]
  Provider can choice the path which transit the domains.

  1c) Can a Requestor designate a part of path?
  e.g. Path == [A.1 , A.B, C.3]
  Provider can choice the rest of the path.

2) Is CID assigned to the path including explicit sub paths?
For 1a), Path == [C1=(A.1 , A.B , B.A , B.C , C.B , C.3)]
For 1b), Path == [C1=(A.1 , B , C.3)]
For 1c), Path == [C1=(A.1 , A.B, C.3)]

Best regards,
Takahiro

John Vollbrecht wrote:
> attached is a description of how paths might be described in NSI.  I think it could be useful in discussing options.
>
> John

Takahiro MIYAMOTO <tk-miyamoto at kddilabs.jp>
Integrated Core Network Control And Management Laboratory
KDDI R&D Laboratories, Inc.
TEL: +81-49-278-7455  /  FAX: +81-49-278-7811