[Nsi-wg] error management issues

Inder Monga imonga at es.net
Wed May 5 00:20:39 CDT 2010

JOhn,

Thanks for putting thought into error management as well. I have a few questions though -

1. I don't think maintaining state is hard - every point to point protocol has state on either side whether it be PPP, IPsec/IKE, TCP etc. This is not just ATM.

2. Each NSA pair maintains state between them. What they do is to inform the service tree under them when an error happens that requires notification up and down the service tree. The biggest issue here is a "state cleanup" problem i.e. when things go bad, you need to ensure that every NSA will clean up its state.

3. On slide 3, I do not understand the requirement "
•Signals from NRM and Requestor should be the same
–Need to define what these are, because they are carried on NSU
"

4.Slide 5 - signaling of the connections happens in the transport plane or by the service plane. The connection service resides in the service plane. The connection resides in the transport plane.

Look forward to the discussion tomorrow, and finalizing the error handling portion of the document if it fits within the agenda tomorrow.

Thanks,
Inder

 On May 4, 2010, at 8:46 AM, John Vollbrecht wrote:

> <errormanagement.NSI.may2010.ppt>

---
Inder Monga				http://100gbs.lbl.gov
imonga at es.net			http://www.es.net