[Nsi-wg] Topology virtualisation

Victor Reijs (work) victor.reijs at heanet.ie
Tue Jun 29 03:48:46 CDT 2010

Hello John,

John Vollbrecht wrote:
> Yes, but it is important to note that the adjacent network (not necessarily a node) enforces the policy of the link.  This could be done by having the link delegate policy to the adjacent network or by having the adjacent network contact the policy server for the link.

I think delegation is not really important. For me it important who sets
and is responsible at the end for the policy. If one delegates
something, the responsibility is not delegated, IMHO.

So I would uncouple 'delegation' from 'who sets the policy'. And lets
have a method 'how to delegate policies' as that (understanding from the
e-mails) will also always be needed.

All the best,

Victor