[Nsi-wg] Topology virtualisation

Victor Reijs victor.reijs at heanet.ie
Thu Jun 24 08:46:35 CDT 2010

Hello Gigi,

Gigi Karmous-Edwards wrote:
> True, it is a domain. However, if a GOLE has the property of being "open
> policy"  and its main service is to interconnect paths between GOLEs and
> domains, then from a "strictly" path computation perspective, and if
> given a choice between a transient link across a domain w/ policy or
> through an open policy GOLE, then it seems that the path computation
> entity will find it simpler to  choose the  the path through the GOLE
> rather than the domain. What are your thoughts on this particular
> scenario...

Perhaps I have no full solution to the problem, but IMHO it would be
great if we can define the properties of a GOLE to any Domain.
So the main question is: are 'GOLE' and 'Domain' different objects, or
are they the same object (different instances) with different attribute
values.
I would prefer the last one as it provide a larger flexibility (e.g. a
'Domain' can be a 'GOLE'  in context or when time changes)

> I can see a situation  where an end user may choose to go through a
> particular  domain  if  they are members of a domain and have certain
> privileges.

This is not only related to policy, might also be QoS, etc.

All the best,

Victor

--
Victor Reijs, Network Development Manager
HEAnet Limited, Ireland's Education and Research Network