[Nsi-wg] Topology virtualisation

Erik-Jan Bos erik-jan.bos at surfnet.nl
Tue Jun 22 11:15:20 CDT 2010

Hello Freek:

A very nice picture indeed. Indeed lightpath capable domains
interconnect among themselves, with dedicated lambdas and/or fibers.
What I am missing from this picture is the notion of a GOLE (GLIF Open
Lightpath Exchange), an important and growing element in today's global
lightpath infrastructure. A GOLE is a typical point on the earth, and
hence in the infrastructure, at which lightpath capable domains flock
together, and stitch end-to-end lightpath's sections head-to-tail. How
could this picture be updated showing a GOLE?

Best regards,

__

Erik-Jan.