[Nsi-wg] Path Object information/function

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Fri Jan 22 06:48:38 CST 2010

On 20/01/2010 20:24, Jerry Sobieski wrote:
> - A "partially specified" path identifies a subset of STPs - in order -
> that the connection transits - but not necessarily every STP the
> connection transits.  THis is a "loose hop" path

Do you propose to make this implicit or explicit? That is, is there a
"loose hop" object/marker in the STP?

I would think that some kind of marker is required in order to make this
work, and clear to the other parties that part of the STP is hidden.

The loose hop object could also be used to specify whether the "loose"
resources have been provisioned, or not, and to specify other kinds of
information about the possible path there.

Jeroen.