[Nsi-wg] NML topology

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Mon Feb 22 10:34:13 CST 2010

Hi Guy,

Thanks a lot! With a list like this we can take it to the NML and see
how this applies to our current ideas.

I highly encourage your distinction between requirement and solution.

Two questions (more will pop up later):

> Requirement 1: The model should be able to describe a grouping of
> network resources that are owned and controlled by a single provider
> or NSA. (I will call this a NETWORK for the moment)
> Requirement 2: The model should be able to describe a grouping of
> NETWORKs. (e.g. a federation of providers with shared policy)

I understand the word "controlled". What do you mean with "owned"? The
entity that decides on the policy? Is that always the same as the
controller, or is there a 1:many, many:1 or many:many relation between
"owner" and "controller", or is there no requirement for this.

> Requirement 10: The model should be able to fully describe a circuit
> (i.e. NSI service) that transits the topology.

Does this mean we only need to describe the full circuit with all
details (all device and links along the way), or is it also required to
describe a circuit without details (either just the end nodes, the loose
hops, the internetwork links, ...).

Also a general question: Is a NSI circuit single layer, or is it also
required to specify different layers? (Perhaps this last is more a
question for NML).

Regards,
Freek