[Nsi-wg] NML topology

Cees de Laat delaat at uva.nl
Mon Feb 22 06:22:05 CST 2010

Interestingly this reminds me of a very long ongoing discussion in my group about the visibility of exchanges in a topologyy graph. In the internet (BGP) topology one does not see the AMS-IX exchange, because it operates completely at layer2. Its presence (in the BGP topology that is ;-) ) is also not needed as it plays no role in the forwarding tables.
However in the glif lightpath world we need something to note the presence of exchanges.

So there are more options for that. One can be the "points", other is obviously a multi layer topology description that describes the lower layer exchange point.

Best regards,
Cees.