[Nsi-wg] Fwd: Thoughts on a basic topology model for NSI

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Tue Feb 9 17:59:43 CST 2010

Oh Jerry I see you are a progressive thinker.  I assume my arguement of
"bidirectional symmetric bandwidth is the way God intended" will not
work with you then?  I can't argue with your points.  VCAT was designed
to help carriers with the swiss cheesing problem, as well as permit
growth of existing connections, but I get a warm sense of comfort when
an equivalent number of timeslots are provisioned on each of the
transmit/receive pairs at layer 1.

So just for my clarification - this working group is only dealing with
the protocols used to exchange topology and signal the reservation?

John.