[Nsi-wg] Fwd: Thoughts on a basic topology model for NSI

John MacAuley john.macauley at surfnet.nl
Tue Feb 9 17:42:33 CST 2010

Jeroen,

I agree with the statement that the signal node model would perform more
poorly for optimal path computation, but would the computation of the
summarized meshed links not be a costly on an on-going basis?  These
meshed links would need to be updated anytime there is a reservation
added to the network that could impact the availability of the existing
precomputed links.  I this model are you providing the summarized
bandwidth available between nodes?  This would be an extremely costly
calculation summing all potential bandwidth.

Do you have description of the mechanism used to compute the meshed
topology?  I wouldn't mind understanding in more detail if possible.

Thank you,
John.

also suffer from being "potentially possible" topology, in that