[Nsi-wg] Immediate/Advance reservation (Re: NSI conf call minutes)

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Thu Apr 8 02:27:59 CDT 2010

On 07/04/2010 15:02, Tomohiro Kudoh wrote:
> If a requester wants resources to be provisioned as soon as possible, it
> can set the start time parameter in a advance request to:
> (current time + guard time + a certain time required for message
> delivery).
>
> In this way, immediate provisioning can be requested by an advance
> reservation request.

The procedure above seems overly complicated and if I really am pressed
for time, and I miscalculate the (current time + guard time + delivery
time) by a few seconds. Denying the request means that I have to do it
all over again, making me even more pressed for time.

Why not keep things simple and always interpret a start time in the past
as "now" ? (provided the end-time is in the future too)
Would there be any problems associated with that?

Jeroen.