[Nsi-wg] authority and delegation of authority in NS (Actor?)

John Vollbrecht jrv at internet2.edu
Tue Nov 10 10:45:32 CST 2009

Attached is a two page ppt.  The first modifies Tomohiro's a little -
and uses names from Joan.  The main modification other than names is
that it removes the capability advertisement module.  The idea is that
a single module provides "services" which may be called from outside
or integrated in the actor itself.  We need to describe what these
services do for the Actor, but not how they do it.  In my mind these
are services that Chin has started to enumerate (except the resource
coordination module).  The Aggregation/ coordination module in the pic
is Chin's coordination and Tomohiro' aggregation module -- I think
they are the same.  -- any thoughts?

The second shows resource delegation of authority (for a particular
resource.  Note that the local RMM agent is  the ultimate authority
for resources controlled by the RMM.   Given that the RMM agent is
part of the Actor, the Actor is the ultimate authority for all
resources controlled by the RMM.
Resources requested by the NSI are delegated from the remote NSA and
may be redelegated (along with the local resources) to a requesting
agent.
This, btw, is very similar if not identical to what in my
understanding the ORCA and GENI frameworks do.  -- thoughts or
questions?