[Nsi-wg] Call Wed and revised strawman

John Vollbrecht jrv at internet2.edu
Mon May 11 16:51:40 CDT 2009

We will have a call Wed at 9ET -  call information

Call: +1-734-615-7474 (PSTN CALL-OUT DOES NOT WORK) or +1-866-411-0013
(toll free US/Canada Only)
Enter access code: 0155180

I attach an updated version of the strawman.  It includes a number of
changes - I suggest that  if you are looking at it fresh you turn off
showing changes --  I actually tried to turn it off without accepting
changes but when I tried to send it that way it always turned tracking
back on.  Maybe there's a way -----

I would like to discuss the strawman on Wed.  The section under Job
Control is basically what Sebastien sent - I would like to discuss
that, and then perhaps the section on reservation that Guy  is working
on or the naming section.  If you have suggestions please let me
know.  I believe that Guy will not be able to make the call Wed.

Guy is setting up meetings at Chapel hill.  We can talk about that.
We hope to have at least one joint meeting with the NML group and to
have a session where we invite other groups in to explain what we are
trying to do and how we think other groups will fit.  We could try to
identify the appropriate groups.

Anyone working on mods for the document are encouraged to submit them
in a strawman form asap.

We should review who will be contributors - notes from minutes a few
weeks ago --

P1  Chin G to follow up on authors for monitoring section
AP2  John V to follow up with Aaron to see if he can lead topology
sharing section. --- (Martin has been designated as lead for this)
AP3  John V to follow up with JS/GK confirm lead for path computation
section

The purpose of this call was to assign authors to the Architecture
deliverable.  The author assignment is summarized here:

1.    Naming and modelling
This section considers the naming of network objects and the data
modelling of these objects.
  (changed as below)
Lead author:  JV
Authors:  GR, JH
Due date:  13 May

2.    Topology sharing
This section considers how topologies can be exchanged over the NSI
interface.
Lead author:  Martin Swany
Author:  GR, JH, RK, JA
Due date:  13 May

3.    Path computation
This section considers how path computation relates to the NSI interface
– describes where is this function can be performed and the inputs and
outputs of the path computation function.
Lead author:  GK/JS  (to be confirmed)
Author:  RK, JA
Due date:  13 May

4.    Authentication and trust
This section considers how to authenticate a user, ie how to validate
users are who they claim to be.
Lead author:  Mary ?
Author:  JV
Due date:  13 May

5.    Authorization and policy
This section considers the rights/authorizations that a user has once
they have been authenticated.
This section will not be covered in Chapel Hill

6.    Service Discovery
This section considers a service that replies to queries on
resource/service availability.
Lead author:  EE
Author:  JS, JMa
Due date:  6 May

7.    Environments (tree/chain)
This section considers the management plane/control plane architecture
of the NSI, i.e. the way that the data flows over the NSI interface
Lead author:  RK
Author:  GR
Due date:  6 May

8.    Scheduling and job control
--- Sebastien Soudan has provided input here
This section considers how scheduling is supported by the NSI and
associated job control flows.
Lead author:  TK