[Nsi-wg] revised use cases (to send to NML)

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Tue Jun 23 13:11:07 CDT 2009

John Vollbrecht wrote:
> Hi Jeroen -
>
> Untagged vs tagged exists.

Okay, just checking :) I did not really expect it to happen.

>  We don't have SONET to users at this point, but if we did I expect that
> we would have that as well.  How likely it is depends on where you think
> circuit terminates.  If the Link to the network is SONET (to a switch in
> another net) a VCG carrying GFP encoded ethernet might well be switched
> locally to a VLAN over Ethernet.

I would argue that that would be a different use-case then as it is
described right now. Providing a connection from a user to another
domain, where it will be further relayed is quite different from
providing a e2e connection to users.

Jeroen.