[Nsi-wg] NSA functional components v2.3

Radek Krzywania radek.krzywania at man.poznan.pl
Wed Dec 2 05:22:49 CST 2009

Hi Chin, all,
I have a few comments to the document provided:

-  Topology module - it's not clear for me if that's inter- or intra-domain
or both. IMHO we should care only for inter-domain here. As NSI is dedicated
to multidomain, let's leave single domain stuff to third parties software
(via Local Resouce Manager).

- NSA Lookup - I thought that NSA lookup will just gave the contact
information (e.g. service address) of particular NSAs. The description makes
me a little bit confused, as it claims to "determine the control plane
connectivity of NSAs". This is somehow pathfinder/topology responsibility
IMHO.

- Path Finding - in AutoBAHN there are two levels of pathfinding - inter-
and intra-domain. I suppose this is inter-domain, but it's not explicitly
mentioned. The difference is not only the area of operations (intra/inter)
but also the topology view (abstracted global vs. technology specific local)

- Local Resource Manager - I consider this only as an interface to third
party domain mangers. Is that correct?

- Notifications - is this kind of notification broker or just a module to
send/receive information?

Best regards
Radek