[Nsi-wg] Message Delivery Layer

Inder Monga imonga at es.net
Wed Dec 12 06:36:24 EST 2012

Thanks Jeroen. The introduction of the separate layer as a concept is to
help formalize the separation of concerns by handling errors at the MTL
layer. If you look at NSI v1, the state machine was integrated and would
mean that the state machine would change if you changed the requirements
for the MTL layer. This is not the case with NSI v2.0. When people are
talking about different MTL's, then we need to make sure that a change in
MTL will not change the NSI state machine. The MDL makes that possible.

>From your messages, I believe you agree this functionality is needed in
NSA. What you are disagreeing is the formalization of that functionality
into a layer. Maybe the NSI group can comment on that as well or you can
make a formal proposal to the group to change it?

Inder