[Nsi-wg] Message Delivery Layer

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Wed Dec 12 05:55:31 EST 2012

Hi,

On 12 Dec 2012, at 11:34, Inder Monga <imonga at es.net> wrote:

> Jeroen,
>
> What solution are you proposing - it is not clear?

I'm proposing to simplify things, to not introduce another layer, and simply describe that the NSI expects the NSA to make an effort in delivering a message. It should use the reliable MTL (which we've defined to be SOAP). If that fails, then it is up to the NSAs discretion to fail directly, or to make an extra effort and try again. Ultimately, it will either fail or it will succeed.

To me, it seems like a simple statement that can be added to the document. For example where you describe when you go from a state to the failed state.

Jeroen.