[Nml-wg] Abstract for TERENA

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Tue Nov 20 09:43:51 EST 2012

On 20-11-2012 15:09, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> We've discussed that we would like to prepare an abstract for the
> TERENA conference next year. The deadline for the extended abstracts
> (600-1200 words) is November 30th.
>
> I promised to write a structure for this abstract. I was thinking
> something like the following:>
> Title: The Network Markup Language
>
> 1. Introdcution
> (general idea, bit of history, current status)
>
> 2. Schema Explanation
> (short description of the schema)
>
> 3. Use-Cases of NML
>
> 3.1 Supporting Network Monitoring
> (Application in PerfSonar?)
>
> 3.2 Supporting Network Provisioning
> (Application in NSI)
>
> Other use-cases?
>
> 4. Future Work
> (describe briefly plans for the future of NML)
>

> Who would like to contribute? What would you like to contribute on?
> Is there something missing in this structure that you think should be
> there?

Jeroen,

I like to contribute. My first question is if you like to focus on the
standardization effort or the actual usage. The actual usage is yet
slim, but it getting there. Second, do you like to turn this is in a
full paper? In my experience 600-1200 words is so little you hardly have
space to write any substantial like the above outline suggests. (though
you can of course indicate that the actual paper will have this outline).

Freek