[Nml-wg] NML namespace

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Fri Jul 13 08:22:53 EDT 2012

On 12-07-2012 10:49, Freek Dijkstra wrote:

>>>   xmlns:nml="http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2013/10/base/"

Roman suggested:

>> An example: http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/201010/base/ -->

Freek replied:

> Let me quote from the meeting notes of OGF 30 in Brussels:
> https://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/doc16105
>
>> Proposed namespace (after GFD-C.084) is http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2013/10/base/
>> Jason counter proposal http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/base/2013/10/
>> (where 2013/10 is year/month of schema publication)
>>
>> Rough consensus on:
>> - http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/base/2013/10/ (Jason's proposal)

I just thoroughly read GFD.084, and it seems the require the following
For the base schema:
   http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10/nml

For subordinate schema:
   http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10/ethernet

Thus not:
   http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10/base

Furthermore, GFD.84 defines the schema without appending character, thus
as "http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10/nml".

I am under the impression that e.g. the definition of "Node" in that
schema would then become "http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10/nmlNode",
hence that it is common to append a namespace with either a "#" or a
"/", so it becomes ""http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10/nml#Node" or
"http://schemas.ogf.org/nml/2012/10/nml/Node" respectively.

I don't care what the result is, but like to move forward and dont want
to change this after OGF last call. I'm going to ask the Area Director
for advice, but don't want to wait too long for a reply. So, if someone
is knowledgeable about this sort of stuff, please stand up and enlighten us.

This issue can be tracked at https://forge.ogf.org/sf/go/artf6570

Thanks,
Freek