[Nml-wg] Topology Model and Pathfinding

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Wed Feb 10 17:14:40 CST 2010

On 10/02/2010 15:01, John Vollbrecht wrote:
> If I don't have a link between networks, how do I describe the topology?
> My suggestion has been that we describe the topology as being networks
> interconnected at points (perhaps that is a bad name, but it is what
> G.805 uses). Then it looks like your picture except that instead tying
> the networks together with a link I tie them with a point.

G.800 and G.805 also have links.

Even if a stand alone link is a network, why can't we treat it as a
special case and leave that in as a way to describe the inter-connection
point between two networks?

Basically two edge-points are requird to describe the interaction
between two neighboring networks. I propose to use the ports at either
end of a Link, which fits with our current network model.

So far I have still not seen a convincing argument why this does not
work, and why we would need to introduce additional terminology to
describe the interaction point.

Jeroen.