[Nml-wg] Topology Model and Pathfinding

Jeroen van der Ham vdham at uva.nl
Wed Feb 10 16:43:00 CST 2010

On 10/02/2010 14:32, John Vollbrecht wrote:
> So take your second picture, with the link described as a network. I
> don't know how to describe the interface between the middle network and
> the end networks. There is no link between them, so how do I know they
> are connected? How do I describe this in a topology?

This sounds like you are creating your own problem. You are purposefully
not describing inter-domain links.
Instead you are describing all that as networks which are connected at a
single point, and then you have to create new terminology in order to
describe what is going on there.

NML is proposing to describe the networks, the inter-domain link with
its ports, along with their respective owners. How does that not work?

Jeroen.