[Nml-wg] Our schema: contribute to Wiki!

Paola Grosso p.grosso at uva.nl
Thu Mar 13 09:46:04 CDT 2008

Hi Aaron et al.

Aaron Brown wrote:
> I'm not sure the best way to go about this. The benefit of a mailing
> list is that everyone sees what's going on (especially those with more
> peripheral interest) and it's immediately obvious when new information
> appears. The downside is that it's very much unstructured. The wiki
> has the opposite benefits and problems.
>
> Does anyone have experience in both? In mine, wiki's haven't provided
> good areas for discussion, but mailing list stuff seems to never make
> it into the wiki.

I am not advocating we stop mailing each other ;-)
Discussions via email are certainly central to the WG!

The reason for the Wiki is that  as a WG we  have to deliver a schema at
the end.

The Wiki has the advantage that everybody sees in real-time the latest
status and can easily contribute. Another option would be to write down
things in text documents and mail them around, but this is a less
scalable and possibly slower approach.

Regards, Paola