[Nml-wg] More UML....

Freek Dijkstra fdijkstr at science.uva.nl
Wed Jun 25 15:17:26 CDT 2008

Aaron Brown wrote:
> Freek Dijkstra wrote:

>> GMPLS defines [the capacity] in Bytes per second
>
> Would it be better to have a units field to describe the units that this
> field is in? I'm just wary of people getting confused and entering the
> more common bps instead of Bps.

Good point. If you think there is a change for confusion, I'd rather
like to specify bit/s instead of adding units (since that IMHO only
yields unnecessary complexity of the spec)

>> we sometimes
>> want to explicitly say something really is a link, not a cross connect.
>
> This probably opens up a bigger question of what is a "real" link?

Not sure if we have to answer that.
I just can imagine I want to tell my neighbours about my external links,
while stressing that I'm talking about links, not cross connects. In
those case, it is useful to somehow distinguish.

Regards,
Freek